Khalifa – Successor
Khalifa means Successors which have continued in all times, but we are told that there were only four (4) Khalifas / Successors in history and Khilafat / Succession stopped after that. However The Quran reveals differently from what is taught in history. This lecture explains from the Quran that Khilafat / Succession continues in all times and is passed down to among those who inherit the Book, who are establishing the Salah / Prayer, holding fast to the Book (and its lessons) and teaching others and giving lessons from The Book. Anyone who does this is appointed by Allah as a Khalifa / Successor, and it is only Allah who can appoint Khalifas / Successors, and they are identified through the Quranic ayats / verses and through their character and practices. Others in the world who are claiming to be Khalifas / Successors can be easily identified through the verses if they are true or false, and in light of the Quranic verses self-proclaimed Khalifa / Successors are not from Allah. A lecture that is a must see for those who want to know how to become a Khalifa / Successor in Allah’s sight.
POINT DISCUSS IN THIS LECTURE
- Ayahs discussed: 2:30 – 34, 35:1, 2:102: 3:45, 39:75, 70:4, 41:30, 4:97, 11:69-83, 66:6, 18:50, 6:165, 43:60
- Meaning and understanding of the word Khalifa
- Khalifa is not angel.
- Discussed the understanding of the names Allah taught Adam.
- Names / Nature of Angels.
- Do angels have free will?
- What were the angels trying to hide from Allah?
- Allah made mankind khalifa on the earth.
- Ayahs discussed: 10:71, 71:7-9, 10:73, 7:65, 7:69, 7:74 – 75, 7:127 – 129, 38:26
- The believers were saved on a ship with Nooh P.B.U.H.
- The believers on the ship were made Khalif / successors.
- People of Hood P.B.U.H. were made Khalifa / successor after the people of Nooh P.B.U.H.
- Salih’s P.B.U.H. people were also made the khalifa / successor.
- Moosa P.B.U.H. and his followers are made khalifa / successor.
- Allah made Dawood P.B.U.H. khalifa / successor.
- All the messengers are khailf / successors.
- After Moosa P.B.U.H. came Dawood P.B.U.H. according to Al – Quran.
- All the messengers and the prophets are made khalifa / successor by Allah.
- Succession is always with the righteous people.
- Ayahs discussed: 19:58, 53:43, 97:1-5, 7:170, 7:169, 13:28, 19:59 & 60, 113:1 – 4, 6:113
- Allah has blessed the prophets, all the prophets are khalifas / successors.
- The blessing is also on the children of Adam, the children of Adam who Allah blessed are also made khalifa / successor.
- Also the ones who Allah carried with Nooh P.B.U.H. are also blessed, thus they were also khalifa / successor.
- The offspring of Ibraheem P.B.U.H. are also blessed.
- The ones Allah blessed are the ones who fall down in prostration weeping whenever the signs / ayahs of Allah are recited over them.
- Allah will not waste the reward of those who hold fast to the book of Allah, establish salah / prayers and they correct themselves in the nearness of Allah.
- The inheritors of the book of Allah got involved in the width of this earth or the worldly life.
- The hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah.
- Khalifat / succession is given to believers of all times.
- Some Khalifa / successors wasted their salah / prayers, they follow their desires.
- We have to believe Allah’s ayahs / signs and correct yourselves.
- If we don’t follow and keep wasting your salah / prayers Allah will take the khilafat away from us.
- If we deviate the khilafat is taken away from us, it an ongoing process for all times.
- Ayahs discussed: 10:13, 27:62, 24:55, 27:59, 2:124, 2:33, 10:14, 35:39
- Messengers came with clarifications if we don’t follow the message we too will be perished like the centuries before us.
- Those who correct themselves, hold fast to the book of Allah and not waste salah / prayers are promised khilafat from Allah. Just like He made Khalifas / Successors before us, this process is happening in all times.
- Once we start amending ourselves we will gain peace and security.
- Ibraheem P.B.U.H. was tried by Allah’s words and he fulfilled those, then he was made an Imam / Leader.
- We too are getting the message of Allah through His words, so like Ibraheem P.B.U.H. we too have to fulfill them in order to get the succession.
- Ayahs discussed: 2:141, 7:170, 6:116, 36:60 – 62, 2:31, 7:23
- Khalifas / successors are made by Allah in all times.
- The khalifas mentioned in the history were four and if we believe those were the only khalifas made by Allah then we are putting a stop to the process of succession.
- Allah will not question us about the people (others) but we will answer for ourselves.
- Some Khalifa / successors wasted their salah / prayers, they follow their desires
- The ones who are not giving lessons from the book of Allah are not the khalifas / successors.
- We can identify khalifas / successors by the ayahs of the Allah even in current times.
- The majority of the people on earth will mislead us from the path of Allah, so democracy is not a way of appoint a khalifa / successor. Allah appoints khalifas Himself and He is doing this in all times.
- Shaitan misleads the majority of the people.
- Ayahs discussed: 18:50, 2:34, 38:75 – 76, 55:15, 15:27, 18:51, 35:1
- Allah always asked the angels to bow, all bowed down except Ibless
- Ibless became from the rejecters
- Creation of Jinns / Shielded discussed based on Quranic ayahs / signs.
- He rejected and became of the jins / shielded ones.
- Ayahs discussed: 17:110, 55:1 – 3, 22:78, 2:30, 2:200, 15:9, 2:128, 20:14
- Allah is defined by His attributes.
- Brief discussion on the attributes of Allah.
- Remember Allah as you remember your ancestor or even more strongly.
- Salah / prayers is for Allah’s remembrance.
- Ayahs discussed: 69:38 – 39
- This is the saying of the honorable messenger.
- We should keep working on understating the Quran.
- We can ask the Imam where he recited from (which part of the Quran).
Frequently asked questions
In Islam whirling on Sufi music, dancing on Nasheeds & religious songs is not Zikr of Allah?
Is Dawood pbuh not the Khalifa of mankind, and did not the Khilafat continued?