Is Mary (pbuh) the only parent of Jesus (pbuh)?
The single most controversial topic from the Quran, that has remained controversial (since throughout our known history) and is a source of many misconceptions and misunderstandings in Christianity and traditional Muslim communities, is the status of Mary (pbuh) as the single parent of Jesus (pbuh). This lecture successfully uses only the Quranic ayats / verses to analyze and decode the mystery surrounding the birth of Jesus and his genealogy (because only our creator and author of the Quran can truly answer and clarify the truth regarding this topic). This lecture requires the viewers to listen carefully to how the Quran reveals the truth behind the status of Mary (pbuh) and birth of Jesus (pbuh). Also, this lecture highlights the honor bestowed upon Mary (pbuh) by Allah in the Quran, which is hardly known by those people who are unaware of the Quranic ayats / verses. This honor is especially important to keep in mind because people who are unaware of the true essence of the Quranic ayats have been trying to honor Mary in false ways (that goes against Allah’s nature and nature of all things He has created) by equating the birth of Jesus (pbuh) to some kind of magic or some supernatural miracle. The true source of these false explanations are based on the fact that until this lecture by Mohammad Shaikh no one truly pondered on the ayats / verses of the Quran and put their complete trust on Allah to explain this miracle, which fits within the nature of all things found in God’s creation. It is truly a miracle and a remarkable revelation from the Quran that needs our full and careful attention, otherwise we may miss the spirit with which it comes to us.
POINT DISCUSSED IN THIS LECTURE
- Status of Jesus (p.b.u.h.) according to the Quran.
- Mary’s pbuh status.
- Jesus’ genealogy according to bible.
- Ayah discussed: 42:49-50, 3:35-36, 19:58, 3:37, 71:17, 3:42-43, 3:44
- Allah grants females, males, joint / coupled and barren.
- Brief introduction of dual sex.
- Birth of Mary (p.b.u.h.).
- Offspring that are mentioned in the Quran.
- Zakariya (p.b.u.h.) took care of her.
- Mary (p.b.u.h.) is choosen over women of all worlds.
- Ayah discussed: 3:44 & 47, 33:4-5, 17:85, 19:16-17, 19:18-21, 21:91, 66:12
- Adopted sons should be called by the names of their biological fathers.
- Comparison between Quran and bible.
- The spirit is from the order of Allah.
- She said how can I have a son when no human has touched me ?
- The order was given to her (soul) and to her private part.
- Ayah discussed: 19:22 & 27.
- Spring for cooling of the eyes.
- Fresh ripe dates.
- Ayah discussed: 24:11-15, 19:88-82, 4:156, 24:16, 19:29-33
- Why didn’t the believer defend her?
- Why didn’t they produce four witnesses?
- Comparison with bible.
- The great false charge.
- Jesus defending his mother by talking from the cradle.
- He is kind to his mother according to the Quran.
- Ayah discussed: 3:59, 19:34, 23:50, 5:75, 4:171, 5:116-118, 43:61, 4:159, 5:119
- Mary (p.b.u.h.) and her son are made a sign.
- In the nearness of Allah example of Jesus (p.b.u.h.) is like the example of Adam.
- They both ate food, meaning they were humans.
- People are talking about trinity however the word trinity is not to be found in the bible.
- Jesus never basked people to call him God, nor did he say Mary (his mother) is God.
- Jesus (p.b.u.h.) is asking forgiveness for mankind in the Quran, no other prophet has asked for mankind’s forgiveness.
- According to the bible Jesus (p.b.u.h.) is asking people to depart from him, he is not asking for their forgiveness.
- Jesus (p.b.u.h.) is the knowledge of the hour.
- A duty of any messenger is to proclaim the message of Allah and Jesus (p.b.u.h.) performed the same duty.
- According to Quran Jesus (p.b.u.h.) did not sacrifice himself for people’s sins, in fact this concept is not even in the bible.
- Allah gave them refuge at Mecca. The spring is there and so are the dates.
- We recognize God by his attributes written in the Quran.
- God said ‘be’ to her private part to start the process, to ovulate.
Frequently asked questions
Was Jesus PBUH born in summers or winters by Mohammad Shaikh